Thursday 3 January 2013

Product Empties: December 2012

I do apologise that the vast majority of my recent posts have either been reviews or product empties - I will produce other stuff I promise!

I think i've mentioned before, but I get an odd sense of satisfaction from finishing products and being able to write about them with confidence, so here are my belated December empties...

Lip Products
Barry M Lipgloss in Toffee - I bought this after hearing so much hype about it, but to be honest it was just a bit 'meh.' It did give a nice nude gloss to my lips, but it's quite thin in consistency and so didn't last long on the lips. I apply gloss regularly, and so went through this extra quick! I'm not so fussd about buying it again - at the moment i'm using an MUA £1 gloss that I like.
 
Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream (lipbalm form) - Another product I got through VERY fast, not just because I am a lip product junkie, but because this is essentially the 8 hour cream balm in a lipstick form, and as such is quite soft and easy to use up quickly. If I was going to use the 8 Hour cream again i'd just get the tube and not bother with this.
 
No7 Lipliner in Nude - A hand-me-down from my mum, I only very recently realised this is the lipliner that Lisa Eldridge uses frequently in her tutorials. To be honest i'm not much of a lipliner user, but I did like to use this on days I wanted to look more 'polished.'
 
 
Hair
Naked Detox Balancing Shampoo - I really like the Naked line of skincare and haircare products, and bought this as I hoped it might help with product buildup on my hair. It foams up really well despite being free of chemical nasties, and is quite nice and refreshing, but it didn't wow me sadly.


Skincare
Nspa Hot Cloth Polish Cleanser - A product you might recently have read my review on, this is a really good product if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Cleanser. I really like the Nspa products i've used so far, and would consider buying this again.
 
The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash - Whilst I didn't really get on with the moisturiser from this range (given to me by lovely Robyn), and although I don't have particularly oily skin, I did quite like this facial wash. It was refreshing to use first thing in the morning and didn't dry my skin out.
 
Asda Skin System Eye Makeup Remover - I feel like i've had this for literally ages, and whilst I did initally like it, towards the later stages of use I was finding it stung my eyes. It's very thick in consistency and more akin to a facial cleanser than something to use on your eyes in my opinion.

 
Makeup
Maybelline Superstay 24H Foundation - I don't get through a lot of makeup quickly, but foundation is one thing I get through faster than the rest. I'm trying to work through my stash of foundations i've somehow accumulated, and this was next to go. I love the initial look/effect of it when you first apply it: really fresh and dewy and quite natural, and it's not at all mask-like, but, as with most medium coverage foundations, it does lose the just-applied look throughout the day. I wouldn't say it wears off completely, but neither would I say that it's 24 hour as claimed.
 
Have you done any product empties posts recently? I'd love to read them!
 
Melanie x

0 comments:

Post a Comment