Sunday 1 April 2012

Goodbye my friend...

(I don't know why the Spice Girls were the first thing that came to mind when writing this. FYI: no-one has died).


Continuing with my life updates, I finished work on Friday, and it hit me a lot harder than I thought it would.

It was like being in a relationship of sorts for nearly four years: there were times when I thought "I've had enough" and could literally have murdered a few individuals, but the vast majority of it was really fun and a great learning experience.
When you think about it as well, for the most part of every year you are spending more time with your workmates than you do your family, friends or partner, and for me, as a very loyal person, having to move on is very difficult.

I know I would have had to find new employment at some point in my life (not to go into too much business talk, but I don't think the promotion/advancement prospects were very promising), but I think the fact I just made a snap decision and everything was wrapped up so quickly has made it harder for me to comprehend.

I was throughly spoiled on Friday.
We finished work early, went for a few pre-dinner drinks then had a 3 course meal at a local restaurant.
I was also given (a very genous amount of) money in a card, along with a beautiful bracelet with a Thomas Sabo charm attached (as a reminder of the business). I can't actually read the card without bursting into tears - i suppose it's quite ridiculous but I really will miss them all!

So now i've got a week 'off' (packing, going roud visiting friends/family and so on) before I actually move. And I'm not gonna lie: i'm crapping it. Everyone keeps asking if i'm excited, but at the moment i'm just too terrified to be excited. There's so many 'what-ifs' going round my head, and the home sickness has started already - even though I haven't even left yet. From what i've heard from other people this is a perfectly natural reaction, and i'll be fine in time.

Fingers crossed it works out.


2 comments:

  1. Don't think about the "what if's"! It's better to try rather than think about what could have been later in life! Just go for it and I'm sure you'll be fine once you've settled in a bit :) Sounds ike you were very spoilt from work, that's really nice of them! I hope you have a nice week "off" and that packing isn't too stressful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it's not too stressful either! xxx

      Delete