Thursday 6 December 2012

Product Empties - November 2012

I feel a bit of the blogging loop recently; the Youtube loop even more so, given that my laptop has packed in on me and I haven't been able to upload any videos (I've had to hiijack my mum's netbook to write this post!).
So whilst I do have some review posts waiting in the wings, I thought i'd play it safe today and do my empties post!
 
I'm actually really enjoying using up products - there's nothing like squeezing out the last drop then putting the bottles etc in the (recycling) bin!



No7 Exquisite Curl Mascara - I got this with a No7 £5 off voucher a while ago after hearing about so many people raving about it. However the first mistake I made was that I bought Brown-Black in error, which immediately put a downer on it! I don't know if its cause my lashes are naturally straight and would probably take an industrial eyelash perm to give them a curl, but I didn't find this mascara particularly impressive, and certainly wouldn't pay the full £12-odd for it!

17 Mirror Shine Lipstick in Beehive - another much-loved product in the blogger community (yes I am a sheep), this really is a lovely, non-drying glossy nude (without being concealer-esque) lipstick that is really reasonably priced. My only gripe with it is the staying power - it has none! - but as long as you don't eat/drink you'll stay pretty, ha.


Lush Hair Doctor mask/scalpt treatment - This was my second tub of this, and I plan to buy more - as someone who suffers with a somewhat tempremental scalp, this fabulous tingly mask was lovely and soothing, and definitely made my hair softer too.

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Intensive Mask - I think this was one of the contributory causes to my troublesome scalp. As much as it did admittedly make my hair nice and soft, this was probably due to all the silicones and chemicals that this product is packed with, and I won't be buying it again.

Johnsons Baby Lotion - as i've mentioned before I have a stockpile of these, and as I like to slather myself every day in lotion I go through them at a rate of about one a month! I love the fresh smell it gives.

Mitchum Deodorant - I used to be incredibly loyal to Mitchum deodorants, for not only do they work in terms of preventing odours (not so much stopping sweat - I don't think anything can do that!), I used to think because they are made my Revlon I was 'safe' in terms of them not being tested on animals. However recently Revlon's animal testing policy has been brought into question which is very disappointing, and has set me on a new mission to find a cruelty free deodorant!

Lush Snow Fairy Shower gel - its from Lush, it's pink, and it smells like bubblegum. 'nuff said!

The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying moisturiser - another product that was incredibly kindly gifted to me by the lovely Robyn, I can't say I was over-awed by this. This is one of the Body Shop's most popular product ranges, and as my skin isn't particularly oily, I've concluded that it's simply a mismatch in skin type/product type!


Melanie x











1 comment:

  1. I found that body shop moisturiser did the job when my skin was really oily....but was then utterly useless when my skin become more normal to dry... Glad someone finally used it up though! (even if I do feel like i just off loaded loads of random stuff to you!) I don't really get the whole Lush thing and just have no idea what to do when I go into their shops....I'd really appreciate some help as I'd love to try some stuff and you clearly know what you like and what's good! :)

    ReplyDelete