Sunday 27 November 2011

NOTD: W7 Metallic Mars

I'm actually cheating with this one a little, as it's not so much a Nail Of The Day, but of the week (i.e. I put it on like last Wednesday and have only just got round to doing this post!)

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that a couple of weeks ago I tweeted about buying 5 nail polishes from Savers for only £1.99 each:
 
L-R: Metallic Saturn, Metallic Neptune,Metallic Jupiter, Metallic Mercury and Metallic Mars
The picture doesn't do these little beauties justice; they are all metallic shades (with Mercury and Jupiter having very finely milled metallic particles through them for extra pazazz), and are stunning, stunning colours - I got so excited when I saw them (and the fact they are all named after planets in the solar system. ahem). I also think the bottles are very similar in size/design to that of OPI polishes.

This week I have been wearing Metallic Mars, a kind of deep wine/burgandy/bronze shade:
(Please excuse the horendous state of my nails, but this pic shows how the colour changes in different light: my ring finger looks bronze whulst the middle and index fingers are more wine-ish).

This particular polish is rather thin in consistancy, and on the first coat it hardly shows up on your nail - it actually took 3 coats of polish to get it this opaque - but it is very fast drying.

Length of wear isn't that amazing - about 3 days before chips appear (and that's with a top coat) - but the colours are so lovely and perfect for this time of year that I don't really care!

I'm not sure where officiall stockists of W7 are, but like I say I got mine in Savers and i've noted that TK Maxx are selling sets of them now, so it's worth having a look about.

What do you think?

Melanie x


1 comment: