Monday 29 July 2013

Product Empties: June 2013

Ok, possibly the world's latest monthly empties post for June, given that it's nearly the end of July and the empties for July will be up in a couple of days, but I thought i'd include it anyway!

The Body Shop Camomile Eye Makeup Remover: Not the cheapest of eyemakeup removers at £8 for 200ml (The Body Shop prices are very much mid range) but I really like it as it is  - as the name suggests - very gentle on the eyes. Would really recommend it if you are sensitive to the usual eye makeup removers, or don't like oil-based formulas.


Lacura (Aldi) Cotton Wool Pads: I've mentioned these before and as such i'm not going to go on at great length about them (they are cotton wool pads after all!) but they are really good quality and amazing value: 200 for less than a pound.


Wilko Eco Baby Wipes: I featured these in my Conscious Cleaning post and loved the fact they are 100% biodegradable. They are also very moist (many wipes can verge on the dry side) and are reasonably priced at £1.80 for 72 wipes.


Boots Essentials Nail Polish Remover: bought this aaaaaggggges ago when I had Shellac and used it to remove it myself. Not much to say: bog-standard acetone-based polish remover that i've used up!


Lush Retread Hair Conditioner: what can only be described as yoghurt for your hair, this is a very heavy duty conditioner that I would only recommend using as an occasional treat for your hair, as even my crazy afro found it a bit much!


Vaseline Active Fresh Deodorant: both Lee and myself loved this deodorant, largely for the lovely clean, long lasting scent, but I won't be repurchasing this as it's made by Unilever who aren't cruelty free. 


Clarins Hydraquench Cream: I consider myself to have normal to occasionally combination skin, but even my fairly-hardy skin found this so moisturising that it turned a bit oily! For that reason (and that Clarins are also not cruelty free, boo) I can't see myself using this again, despite being a generally lovely moisturiser.


Lush Rehab Shampoo: if you find that you get a lot of buildup on your hair, this is an excellent once-weekly clarifying shampoo. I used this as my regular shampoo and did find it to be a tad drying, but I think that was due to over-use. 


Paul Mitchell Colour Protect Daily Conditioner: another long-ago purchase, I bought this with high-hopes as I've heard such good things about Paul Mitchell products - and of course they're cruelty free. However I just found this bit 'meh' - and ended up using it in place of a shaving foam!


Love Lettuce Fresh Face Mask: (can you tell I love Lush?!) you can read my full review on this lovely face mask here, but in a nutshell it's a fabulously refreshing, brightening mask which goes a lot further than you would expect!

Coming soon...July Empties!


0 comments:

Post a Comment