Wednesday 14 August 2013

Product Empties: July 2013

Admittedly I should probably just call my blog an ode to empties as it seems that's all I post about these days, but there is something oddly satisfying about finishing another product from my stash - and then writing about it of course!

Johnson's Baby Lotion - we did it people! I have got to the last of my HUGE baby lotion stash! Can I get a whoop whoop?!


Dr Bronner's Magic Soap 18-in-1 Hemp Rose - As with most of the products I mention in my empties posts, I do plan on doing a 'proper' review of these fantastic bottles of multi-use loveliness, but for now I can say I love this as a shower gel that I know won't irritate my psoriasis-prone skin.


The Body Shop White Musk Libertine EDP - This was a bit of a funny product (not in the 'ha ha' sense) in that, to me, the scent was just 'meh' and yet several people complimented me on it and asked what perfume I was wearing! This is the second type of The Body Shop perfume I have tried (the first being Love Etc) and i'm keen to try others, as  they're really good value for money - and aren't tested on animals of course.


Nuxe Anti-Fatigue Moisturising Cream - Another brand I am really keen to try some more products of, this is a little trial/travel size of their moisturising cream that actually went quite a long way. It smells subtly of roses and is my favourite type of consistency in a moisturiser: not runny but not too thick/rich either - just enough to quickly sink into the skin (making it ideal before makeup application), whilst still being very moisturising.


Bourjois Volume Clubbing Black Jack Mascara - A product I have actually reviewed (here), I really liked this mascara for thickening up my lashes, and for the 'traditional' bristle brush (I can't be doing with these plastic brushes these days!). I think the 'Black Jack' gold-effect is a bit gimmicky, so I wouldn't necessarily by this variation of the Volume Clubbing mascara again, but I would definitely consider buying the original version.


Lush H'Suan Wen Hua Hair Treatment - Possibly the hardest to pronounce product names in the history of the world, this hair treatment was technically about a year out of date when I came to use it up - I only rediscovered it after unpacking a box of old hair products when we moved into the flat! This might have been why it didn't 'perform' as effectively as I hoped it would when I applied the whole tub's worth to my dry hair - I sadly didn't notice any difference to my scalp or hair condition.


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - It's the concealer that everyone loves. 'nuff said.


Inhibitif Serum - I did consider reviewing this hair-inhibiting (hence the name) serum on my blog, but how does one show the difference: let one leg get incredibly hairy and apply to the other leg?! After applying this every morning and evening (after your choice of hair removal), I was initially sceptical, but now that i've finished the bottle, I can say it really has made a difference: whilst it might not have necessarily reduced hair growth drastically, the hair that does grow back (please excuse the mental images) is much finer and fairer in colour, meaning during that hot spell it was a lot easier to get away with wearing skirts etc for longer! At £30 a bottle it isn't cheap, but quite worth it in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Whoop Whoop! Well done on finishing such a massive bottle of baby lotion!!

    ReplyDelete