Tuesday 14 December 2010

HRH Haul...

Hello again everyone, hope you're all ok and getting into the Xmas spirit!
Thought i'd do a wee haul post, as I know these are quite popular (I certainly like a nosey at them on other people's pages!). I apologise in advance for the quality of my pics - i'm currently working with my ancient Samsung ES17 camera, but i'm hoping Santa will bring me a new one!



(Left to right)

1. Boots Mallow and Cocoa Butter body lotion - hastily snapped up at the Gatwick Airport branch of Boots in place of my favourite Palmer's Cocoa Butter. I wasn't expecting much of this (think it was around the £2.00 mark) but its super absorbant and smells really light and pretty.

2. Botanics Skin brightening toner - I've been very naughty the past while and not bothered with a toner after cleanser, but my interest in this had been roused by recommendations on blogs such as the Yummy Mummy's Beauty Blog and so I decided that for £3.99 for a massive bottle (250ml) I could afford to splash out. I have to say even after only a few day's use i'm already impressed, and actually look forward to using it, as it gives my skin a lovely glow without drying at all. This particular product is part of a range of Botanics toners along with 2 others (one for blemish prone skin, and an organic toner), and works to "refine pores and minimise excess oil." I think once my current cleanser runs out i'll buy the Botanics cleanser and try that too.


3. Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser and moisturiser - first thing's first - I can't believe how TINY these jars are - a measley 50ml of each! I suppose at £3.99 each I can't complain, but the jars seem to be all lid, and I certainly don't remember them being so small! Anyway these are good, reliable, traditional, no-fuss products which do exactly as they say on the tin.


4. Sleek powder blusher in Flamingo - on first impressions this is an uber bright pink blusher (see pic below) but is actually a lovely soft, buildable colour on the skin, and lasts all day. It's quite a tiny palette, but a little goes a long way and for £3.99 you can't go wrong!






5. Sleek Glo highlighter in Peach Shimmer - I picked this up along with the Blush above and lip product (below) as Superdrug are doing a 3 for 2 promotion at the moment. I was looking for something to replace my Bobby Brown Shimmer brick, and on first impressions this is quite similar (as well as being considerably cheaper at £4.99!). I would say the pay off isn't quite as"noticeable" or indeed blendable as the BB Brick, but I quite like that I can use the darker colours as a bronze/contour and the lighter colours as a highlight.



6. Carmex lipbalm (Cherry) - the handbag staple. This smells YUM, and it is a good reliable product, but it can, strangely dry my lips out.



7. Sleek pout polish in Electro Peach - I love love LOVE this product. On first appearances this is a VERY scary peachy orange colour, but in reality it's quite a sheer buildable colour which gives a lovely moisturising sheen to your lips, containing almond oil, shea butter, avocado extract and vitamins A C and E, as well as the all important SPF 15. Available in four other shades for a purse friendly £3.99.

8. Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy EDP - currently on offer in Boots for £10.00 for 30ml. This is a very sweet fragrance (as are most of Miss Spears' perfumes), possibly suited to the younger market, but it has really good staying power and it makes a nice change from some of the heavier perfumes I like to wear.

I also picked up...
Cotton moisturising handgloves from Tesco for £2.50
Two veet in-shower hair removal creams (BOGOF) also from Tesco for £5.00
Fitflop "snugger" boots in Bronze for tackling this horrible weather! (I may do a seperate review on these...)
DVD's - First two Narnia films, G-Force, The Grinch and The Muppets Christmas Carole.

Phew that haul wasn't as small as I thought it was...!

Melanie x














0 comments:

Post a Comment