Wednesday 16 February 2011

NOTD - Avon Matt Nailwear in Violetta

Hello again Lovelies,

Thought i'd give you a wee peek of my nailwear today - Violetta by Avon from their new Matt Nailwear collection.
This was first brought to my attention by Fleur at FleurDeFlorce when she mentioned in a video that she had been sent this nailpolish by Avon to review before the actual release. She raved about it, and so when I discovered that Avon were having a sale in January and I could get a bottle of this for £3 rather than the RRP of £6, I snapped it up.
It looks amazing in the bottle: a stunning deep metallic-y purple, but on application it goes quite a lot darker and duller (which I guess is part of the effect since it's the matt range!)

I'm undecided on this one. I think i'm a definate glossy girl, in the sense I love using my Seche Vite over the top of polishes to get that uber-shine. To me this just looks a bit dull and "blah".
Since i've only had it on a day (and over my Shellac) I can't really comment on the staying power of this polish, but I can say it dries VERY fast on application, and you could probably even get away with just the one coat, as it applies quite densely (however I did two to make it more even).

I have a feeling it might be a grower - what do you think?

Melanie x

0 comments:

Post a Comment