Tuesday 28 August 2012

NOTD: OPI Steady As She Rose

I haven't done one of these NOTD posts in a while, largely because my nails haven't been in the best of states (been bitten for the most part!), but recently i've been treating myself to manicures and have been trying to be nicer to my poor talons (although my cuticles are still HORRENDOUS).

Recently Fragrance Direct were advertising Essie nailpolishes for £1.99 (yes, you read right!) on their Twitter, so of course I went straight on to their website, and while I was there I noticed they also offer a HUGE selection of OPI nail polishes, often at less than half the price of their RRP.

I've only ever tried OPI polishes when i've had a manicure in a salon, so when I spotted these I decided to buy a couple to add to my ever-expending nail polish collection (along with some Essie polishes - I couldn't pass them up!).
After much debating I bought the infamous 'Skull & Glossbones' from the Pirates of the Caribbean collection, and this little beauty, 'Steady as she Rose' for £6.25 each.


A muted rose pink with a hint of lilac, this makes for quite an usual, yet still incredibly feminine and pretty shade.

As you can see from the photos below, in comparison to my filofax (which is quite a strong lilac) it appears more baby pink, but then when compared to my softer-lilac dressing gown (of all things!) the lilac/blue tone is more apparent.


It can appear quite streaky on initial application, and I applied two coats for opacity, but the streaks disappear once the polish dries.
The brush thankfully is fairly standard in size and makes for easy application - unlike the earlier Essie polishes that had THE most frustratingly small brush!

So far i've had this on for almost 3 days with no chips and am really liking it - i'm SO tempted to order more from Fragrance Direct!

Do you have any OPI favourites you think i'd like?


1 comment:

  1. That's such a pretty color. If you like nude colors try "I'm a princess you're not", it's super cute!

    Follow back?
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete