Saturday 16 July 2011

An Interview With....Debdobdoornob!

My An Interview With... series continues this week, featuring the fabulous Deborah from DebDobDoorNob.

Deborah is a Scottish blogger (like me!), whose blog is a fab source of reviews, Nail Of The Days and other posts of loveliness, and she's possibly one of the nicest bloggers/Twitterers i've met so far!

Read on to find out how she answered my quickfire round of questions regarding makeup, skincare, haircare, style and, of course, blogging!

1. Blogging
What inspired you to start your blog?
I spent months watching YT videos and reading the ‘famous’ beauty bloggers blogs and then came across lots of smaller blogs written by girls just like me and thought ‘I could do this...’ I never had any expectations , and I just got on with writing about what I like.

What would you like to achieve from your blog/channel?
I wouldn’t say there is an ultimate goal, but I see my blog as a fun hobby therefore I want to continue to write about things I love and hopefully others will enjoy reading it. It gives you a great sense of satisfaction.

What advice would you give to anyone thinking about starting their own blog and/or channel?
Write about what you like. If you write about what you think others want you to write about then the lack of passion will show. And have fun with your blog.

 (Other than your own of course) what blogs/channels do you recommend?
4 that I always check out.

 If you could choose one celebrity to guest edit your blog for a day who would you choose and why?
Oh that is a hard one – I’d say Emma Watson because she is always immaculate, her style is amazing and her make up is flawless.


2. Make-up/skincare/haircare
Which celebrity do you think has the best overall make-up/hair style?
Either Emma Watson, as above or Lauren Conrad.

What one item (cosmetic or otherwise!) could you not leave the house without?
Cosmetic – Lipbalm, other – my mobile

Do you ever go out without make-up on?
Rarely, but yes. Only usually when going to the gym.

 What would you say is the best Highstreet/drugstore line for each of the following, and do you recommend any products within in each category:
a. Make-up – Maybelline – I love their falsies mascara
b. Haircare – Herbal Essences -  love the shampoo for fine hair
c. Skincare – I adore the Good Things skin care range and I love the night cream.

Any make-up/haircare/skincare tips?
It’s a cliché but 8 glasses of water a day really does wonders to the skin.


3. Style
How would you describe your style?
Smart/casual

Favourite place to shop?
River Island/Primark/New look

- Highstreet or designer?
Highstreet

Best fashion buy?
A good fitting pair of jeans

What would you consider wardrobe essentials?
Leggings. I wear them all the time.

Fashion "do's and don'ts"?
Do – dress for your shape and wear what you feel comfortable in. Don’t – Follow he crowds or be afraid to express yourself.

Any last parting words of wisdom?
In the words of Coco Chanel - “The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!”


A great little interview from the lovely blogger behind Debdobdoornob, and I would like to thank Deborah for taking the time to fill it out for me - make sure you check out her blog if you haven't already, and say hi to her on Twitter!

Melanie x

0 comments:

Post a Comment