Monday 13 February 2012

NOTD: No7 Totally Teal & Technic Carnival

If you follow me on Twitter, you will have seen my twitpic of this last night, and I love it so much I just had to do a NOTD post!

(Again excuse the horrendous state of my cuticles. They're work in progress!)

I had originally started off with No7 330 Totally Teal on my nails, but when shopping yesterday I popped into BodyCare (to get cuticle pushers, funnily enough) and when at the checkout I literally *squealed* when I saw this as I had been desperate to get my mitts on it for ages:


Carnival by Technic has been hailed as the perfect dupe (if not better) for OPI's Rainbow Connection from the Muppet's Collection, and is perfect for putting on an 'accent nail' or just for all over sparkle like i've done.

As well as being almost identical in colour and consistency (you can see the comparison in LLYMRS blogpost here), the best part is the price: Rainbow Connection costs around the £14 mark for 15ml, where as I got mine from BodyCare for 99p!
As well as Bodycare, you can pick Carnival up from the likes of Ebay, Amazon and Fragrance Direct (albeit at slightly more expensive prices - but we're talking the likes of £1.50 here compared to £14!) - just type Technic Carnival into Google and voila!

Although it is a glitter polish, it doesn't feel like chunky bumpy glitter when applied as it leaves a totally smooth finish.
I currently only have one coat on my nails (without top coat and so far it's lasting pretty well), but i'm tempted to do more coats next time for some serious sparkle!
I also love the effect it gives over pale/nude polish, as shown by Louise here.

What do you think? Are you a glitter girl?!










0 comments:

Post a Comment