Monday 6 February 2012

Review: Superdrug Simply Pure Eye Make-up Remover

I've come to realise I have a bit of a 'grass is always greener' attitude when it comes to beauty products: i've yet to find my 'holy grail' items (although I think I may have found it in terms of foundation - review to come!) and so whenever i'm using a product that doesn't instantly amaze me or stand out, I automatically start thinking of the next product/brand I can move on to.

Sometimes, however once i've used a product up and I have indeed moved on to something else, I realise that, in comparison, it was actually quite good and I would buy it again.

The Bioderma cleansing water was one such product, as is the subject of this review:


At £2.59 for 150ml, it is part of the Simply Pure range at Superdrug, which was launched in June 2010 and created specifically for the special needs of sensitive skins - with terrific 'free from' properties to boot.
The range also includes 2 facial moisturisers/creams, a face wash, scrub, face mask, cleanser and toner.


The 'pure' idea covers all aspects of the brand, given that Superdrug own brand products carry the BUAV leaping bunny symbol, and hence are suitable for use by vegetarians/vegans.


The product comes in a simple screw-top (recyleable) bottle, and to dispense you simply unscrew the lid, and 'slosh' it onto a cotton wool pad.

I then place each cotton pad over each eye for about 20 seconds, then gently wipe away.
As you would expect from a product designed specially for sensitive skin, it is very gentle on the eyes and does not irritate them, nor is it greasy and/or constrictive (in terms of tightness on the skin).

Similarly to the Bioderma cleansing water, I find that I have to go over my eyes a couple of times in order to remove all my eyemake up (and thus avoid the panda look the next morning), but as it is a gentle product I don't mind - and i'm still impressed how well it removes my everyday eye make-up (concealer, eye primer,  3 different eyeshadow shades - on average - liquid eyeliner, mascara and leftover duo eyelash glue!)

So thumbs up from me - you can't beat a product that not only works well but you can use guilt free knowing that some little rabbit somewhere wasn't tested on in the process!

i'll definitely be picking up another bottle next time i'm in Superdrug.

Have you tried any of the Superdrug Simply Pure range?


0 comments:

Post a Comment