Wednesday 29 February 2012

February 2012 Favourites

February's favourites are a tad few and far between this month, simply because (other than the month seems to have zoomed past), i've been concentrating on trying to 'shop my stash' and not buy anything else new until i've used up what i've already got.


Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Quartz - I hold my hands up and admit this is only a favourite this month because it's a treat to myself and its oh so pretty! (Quickly glossing over the rather expensive price tag...) You can see my review post here.
George Shimmer Me! brush on powder in Heaven Sent - A spectacular dupe for the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks, this little lovely number is a snip at only £4.50. I've come to the conclusion that my skin tone suits peachy blushers, and these shades blended together are perfect. Another product i've also reviewed, you can have a little look here.



Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - I doubt i'll ever do a review on this foundation, simply because, as a popular product, there is already tons of reviews out there. In a nutshell I am loving this because it actually does what it claims to do, and is one of the most accurate colour matches for my skin thus far. Admittedly it might not necessarily last the full 16 hours as stated on the packaging, and I do start to get a tad shiny (i'd rather call it 'glowy') round the t-zone, but you know what, I like it and that's that! ASOS are currently selling this on offer for £7.50 (see link).


Sudocream - An old classic when it comes to fighting spots, i've been using this for the infamous 'sudocream facemask' (as recently sported by Nicola McLean in CBB!). As the link shows, this can be bought in different sized tubs (and a tube now too) and is really cheap and effective.
E.L.F. Zit Zapper - This little roller ball stick of wonders contains the magic spot fighting ingredients of Witch Hazel, Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree Oil and Camphor, and all for £1.50. I've had this for ages and do generally use it on a daily basis (pesky stray spots), but you'd never know!
Savlon - Similar to Sudocrem, this is a very inexpensive, multi-purpose antiseptic cream that I have mainly been using on spots, but can also be used on cuts, grazes and so on. I usually have this small tube in my handbag.


17 Mirror Shine On Lipstick in Beehive - Another 'must have' product in the blogging world (and thus one I don't need/want to say much about), i've included this in this month's favourites as I have literally been wearing it every single day. I wouldn't say its 'mirror shine' shiney, but has just the right amount of nude tint/gloss combined.
17 Ultimate Volume lipgloss in Very Berry - A bit of a surprise inclusion, in the sense that I put off trying it out for ages and ages because I thought it looked so dark and scary a shade! However it's actually quite sheer and buildable: the (somewhat blurry - but you get the idea) photo I've included above is maybe around 3 coats worth of the gloss. I also like the fact when the actual gloss wears off the colour leaves a nice stain to your lips, and the fact when it wears off it doesn't leave your lips tacky, 'bity' or at all dry.


♥ Favourite Blog: Leanne-Marie - I love the 'few to follow' post she does every Friday, where she lists some of her favourite blogs for that week - i've found so many new fabulous blogs this way.

♥ Favourite Youtube: LoveMelisaMichelle - I love her quick, easy tutorials she does using (largely) affordable make-up products/tools - she's a big fan of ELF brushes.

♥ Favourite Book: The Radleys - Following the lives of a family of 4 'abstaining' vampires, The Radleys is a really original take on vampire literature (and nothing like Twilight, if you're not a fan of this!), and one in which I really enjoyed reading and would throughly recommend.
















2 comments: