Sunday 26 February 2012

Tag: Book Lover


I saw this tag on one of my favourite blogs, Girl in a Teeny Town, and couldn't wait to do it myself!

I am a Kindle owner (more out of practicality than anything, as sometimes its just hassle trying to lug round door-stop sized books in your handbag!), but I have to admit you can't beat the real thing when it comes to books: the beautiful cover illustrations, the texture/scent of the pages, even the way the pages get bent and folded and the spines bend and crease with age.
They tell stories in more ways than one-who knows you might have owned and read your book before you? - and are like old friends sitting on a shelf that you can return to again and again.

I heart books!

Imagine you sit in front of a fireplace. you read and beside you is a cup with something hot in it. What would that be in your case: tea, coffee, or hot chocolate?
Definitely tea. I am a tea-aholic. I'd need to have a choccie biscuit (or two) to go with it as well...

If the author gave you the chance to rewrite or change the fate of a book character, who would you choose?
Only because it's recently (and therefore the most 'raw' as such), I would change the fate of Prim in The Hunger Games. I'll not say what happened to her as there may be people who haven't read it yet (if not, get it read!), but those who have will know what i'm talking about!



Did your parents read stories to you when you were little? If yes are there any special ones you remember the most?
I have no doubt that my parents read countless stories to me when I was little, but Henny Penny stands out to me the most ("the sky is falling!"). The book I had had little illustrations in place of words (so for example instead of seeing Henny Penny written, you would see a little picture of said chicken in the sentence), and featured other originally-named characters such as Goosey Lucy and Foxy Loxy!

What do you like more, the smell of old antiquarian books or the smell of new fresh ones you just bought? 
Hmm I do love old books, but sometimes even i'll admit they can smell a tad...foosty (as we say in scotland), and I do happen to have a strange addiction to brand-new book smell. It's like envelope gum, I love the taste! (that makes me sound like I also lick books. I don't. I simply deeply enhale them occasionally...)
You get the opportunity to choose between two secret talents: either to be able to make things come to life through reading them, or the gift to read yourself into a book. Which would you choose?
I would read myself into a book (providing I could get myself back out of course haha). I don't fancy reading about dragons and orks and oompa loompas and having them break loose!
Do you have a favourite children's book or a favourite fairy tale?
It's a tough one to choose anything by Roald Dahl, or the Chronicles of Narnia books. The likes of The Great Glass Elevator and Danny the Champion of the World I have read countless of times, and still would today.

Someone would talk to your friends and ask them to compare you to a book character. With who do you think they would compare you?
When I was younger my friends used to compare me to Hermione Granger, largely due to the bushy hair similarity! Admittedly however, like Hermione, I am a bit of a swot, and do like to be right all the time...

Tell me the name of a writer you would like to have as a friend.
JK Rowling. Simply because i'd love to tap into that amazing ingenious brain of hers.
 
You can hide in a written down world for only one night, into which world do you escape?
As many people have doubtless answered, I would have to say Hogwarts. Who wouldn't want to experience a place where pictures move, broomsticks fly and magic really is real?!
Something terrible happens: you have to flee to an unknown place and all you can take with you are three books of all the ones you own. Which three do you put into your bag?
The Roald Dahl treasury (a giant book which contrains extracts of all his stories), Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone (because that's where it all began) and Wendy Holden's Simply Devine (because it's silly and i'd imagine i'd need something funny to cheer me up in said unknown place!)

I think this is an amazing tag, and i'd love to see if any of you do it - please let me know in the comments box.


0 comments:

Post a Comment