Monday 27 February 2012

More finished products - would I buy again?

It's that time again folks...more empty products!
Links to where you can find each product have been provided.

001. Carmex Cherry lipbalm - I loved this for the smell (and taste...who doesn't have a crafty lick of their lipbalm?!), but I've tended to find that Carmex lipbalms (not unlike Vaseline) often leaves my lips drier than they were to start with. Would I buy again? Probably not, especially given that Carmex is one of the more 'expensive' (ok not by much, but still) lipbalm brands.

002. Bourjois Volumizer Mascara - meant to be a dupe for the Make-up Forever Smokey Lash, I bought this after seeing the fantastic results SWalker had using it. However it's been a bit of a damp squib for me - don't get me wrong it's a perfectly good 'general' mascara, but I've never been completely knocked off my socks with it. Would I buy again? Maybe if it was on special offer - I can't justify paying over a tenner for a product that's a bit 'meh.'

003. Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Take a Chance - if you read my review here, you'll know the answer to the 'would I buy again' question already! A beautiful nude shade with peach/gold undertones, this lipgloss promised so much when I saw it sitting on the stand, but alas to a lipgloss lover like myself, it has been a letdown.


004. Nair Course/Dark Hair Removal Cream - Not the most exciting of products, but a bit of a necessity i'm sure you'll agree. Not much to say about it apart from it did the job! ('nuff said). Would I buy again? Yes, although I would like to find a brand of hair removal cream that isn't tested on animals, if thats possible!

005. Palmers Cocoa Butter (400ml bottle) - This product has featured in my previous 'use-up' posts countless of times, and will continue to do so I would imagine! As well as being really inexpensive and smelling AMAZING, this product really does the job - it's thick and comforting for tight, dry winter skin, but is also perfect in the summer as as after-sun. Love! Would I buy again? Do you even need to ask?!


 
006. Superdrug Simply Pure Gentle Eye Make-up Remover - one of my most recent reviews, I have been really impressed with this bargainous little product, and out of any other eye makeup removers i've used, i'd probably say its actually most like the Bioderma Crealine H20 cleansing water in terms of effectiveness and 'feel.' I also love the fact it is free more parabens, not tested on animals and, of course, really cheap. Would I buy again? Yes I would. It's inexpensive, it works, and it has good moral values as it were!

007. Boots Essentials Cucumber Cleansing Lotion - I received this (along with the face wash, cleanser and moisturiser) as part of my Christmas presents, and whilst it might not necessarily be something i'd buy normally, it has done the job: I used to use the hot-cloth cleansing method before, but found I was coming out in spots, but since using this my skin has been quite good (*touch wood*). There's nothing fancy about it (simply put it on a cotton wool pad and wipe over your face and repeat as necessary), but it cleanses well and costs under £1.50! Would I buy again? Yes, for the days when I want to quickly cleanse my face without a load of hassle.

Have you used up any products you'd repurchase/recommend?





0 comments:

Post a Comment