Friday 28 January 2011

Am I the only person in the world....

...who doesn't think MaxFactor Great Lash is that good a mascara?!
Time for some (admittedly rather shoddy) comparison pics, between Great Lash and L'Oreal Voluminous...

My eyes, sans make-up



 
Great Lash - 3 coats, top and bottom lashes

I had heard so many people raving about this mascara (and the fact it's meant to be identical to CoverGirl Lash Blast) that I had to try one for myself, but on using it I don't know what all the fuss is about! Maybe i'm using it wrong, but I personally wouldn't say it has the effect of false lashes in terms of thickening, and I don't think it has a dramatic effect. It's good enough for simple day time wear, but I reckon I could find far better highstreet mascara's for less than it's £10.99 price tag!


L'Oreal Voluminous- 3 Coats

Apologies for these not being the best pics, but Voluminous is far better in terms of thickening, and is a very buildable mascara which produces more obvious effects. It's a mascara which also seems to perform a bit better once it's dried out slightly, as when I first bought it I wasn't very impressed with this one either, but I would go back to it again. It retails for slightly less than the great lash, at around £8.00.

What do you think - do you love Great Lash or are you unimpressed like me?!

Melanie x

0 comments:

Post a Comment