Wednesday 31 August 2011

An Interview with...A Daisy Chain Dream

(I know, aren't I good to you - two interviews in the space of a few days!)

Tumblr_lmu7lrecy31qka53oo1_500_large

The next blogger to be put in the 'hot seat' is the lovely Laura from
A Daisy Chain Dream (hence the pic above, geddit?)

Laura was actually one of the first people who introduced me to the world of blogging, as I ended up following her blog after finding it through one of the Money Saving Expert forums!

Expect to find A Daisy Chain Dream updated daily with new posts, mostly show casing Laura's lovely clothes (and her cat, Flash!) through OOTD's, although she often throws in recipes on how to make all manner of scrummy baking, such as cupcakes!

I'd like to thank Laura for taking time to do this 'interview', and if you're not already a follower, make sure you have a wee look at her blog, and talk to her on Twitter


1. Blogging

What inspired you to start your blog?
When I first started blogging it was a fairly new thing; or if not new, certainly less popular than it is now, I started because I was curious about how it all worked.

What advice would you give to anyone thinking about starting their own blog and/or channel?
Don’t blog to receive. There seems to be an up-surge in bloggers out to score as much free stuff as possible…that’s not what it’s about.

If you could choose one celebrity to guest edit your blog for a day who would you choose and why?
Michael Mcintyre just because he is funny and I am not.


2. Make-up/skincare/haircare

Which celebrity do you think has the best overall make-up/hair style?
I’m going to be a cliché and say Alexa Chung, she never get her hair or makeup wrong.

What one item (cosmetic or otherwise!) could you not leave the house without?
Mascara! I feel so naked without it.

Do you ever go out without make-up on?
I have on occasion, I feel more comfortable with it on but wouldn’t refuse to leave the house without it.


3. Style

How would you describe your style?
I don’t think there is a way to describe it, I’m just me and I wear what I feel like.

Who's your biggest style influence/where do you draw inspiration from?
I don’t really have an influence, I probably get most inspiration from other bloggers or from walking down the street.

Favourite place to shop?
I seem to spend the most money in New Look, or on ASOS.

Highstreet or designer?
Highstreet, always.

Best fashion buy
A pale lavender mac in TK Maxx years ago. It’s lasted so well and served many seasons.

What would you consider wardrobe essentials?
Converse. Essential. Also good quality basics; jeans, tees, jersey pieces.

Fashion "do's and don'ts"?
DO what makes you feel at ease, DON’T do camel toe. [Melanie Edit: this literally made me laugh out loud!]

Any last parting words of wisdom?
That would be a rarity…


Melanie x

0 comments:

Post a Comment