Friday 9 March 2012

NOTD: Avon Nailwear Pro in Dynamo

Another day, another nail polish!
I know it's not good for your nails to constantly wear nail varnish, and that you're meant to give them a break every now and then, but I don't have naturally nice nails, and always feel a lot better and more polished (no pun intended!) when i've got my nails done.

Moreover, because I used to bite my nails and therefore my actual nail beds are quite short, where my nails have started growing out means weak points that can bend and therefore cause polish to chip even easier - another excuse for constantly changing my nail polish!

I have quite a ridiculous collection of nail polishes, and am trying my best to work through what i've got and not buy any more in the mean time (although I'm desperate to get my hands on the China Glaze Hunger Games collection - yet to be released in the UK, but there seems to have been several bloggers given sneek previews, such as here and here.)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, instead of reaching for my usual Revlon, Essie or No7 shades, I opted for one of the two Avon polishes I own: Dynamo from the Nailwear Pro range, which cost £6.00 for 12ml (although I received mine as a present).

Gives you the look of a professional manicure. Shine lasts up to 10 days* The advanced formula contains diamond dust and acrylic known for its strengthening, and protection properties giving your nails a high-gloss finish

A colour I can only describe as a burgandy-wine shade, shot through with very finely-milled silver/medium pink/hot pink glitter, this polish gives a very pretty slightly dusky foil effect, whilst being easy to remove (unlike traditional glitter polishes). I would say however that the glitter/shimmer/foil effect seems to be its downfall in the sense it can make the polish somewhat brittle on the nail - i.e. not very flexible and therefore likely to break off in chunks.

The polish applies well using the standard-size brush (always I plus-point - I hate the tiny thin brushes in the Essie polishes!), although is quite thick in formula so you have to be careful not to overload the nail.
I went for two fairly thin coats, followed by my Sally Hansen Insta Dri.


Like i've mentioned, it is a very pretty polish, but for some reason I find it just a bit 'meh', and dare I say, mumsy?! I don't know why i've taken an aversion to it, especially since I love all things foiled and sparkly, but the shade isn't appealing to me, nor is the staying power - it's the morning after application and already I have a chip!

However the general verdict for this shade and the Nailwear Pro range in general on the internet seem to be positive ones, so maybe i'm just being picky!
I would like to try out some other shades in the range, but only if I could get them in the Avon sale or elsewhere online, and in the meantime I think I might give this one to my mum!

Have you tried any of the Avon polishes?

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty colour! Love your blog, I'm following now :) Feel free to check out mine and enter my Boohoo Giveaway!

    Laura x
    Petit Chatons

    ReplyDelete