Wednesday 14 March 2012

An Interview With...Stina, Chic Beauty Blog




Avid beauty blog followers out there will no doubt already know the lovely Stina and her fabulous Chic Beauty Blog.

If not, as a quick intro, she is an established beauty blogger and working mother of two, who somehow finds the time to regularly blog and make videos about beauty, hair, fashion, fitness (she also has a health and fitness blog) and generally the nice things in life!
She is also somewhat of a self-confessed Twitter addict - make sure you tweet her!

Chic Beauty Blog was one of the first beauty blogs I started following (along with the infamous Lollipop26 and the like), and I really like Stina's simple yet informative style of blogging - not to mention the really good giveaways!
So I was thrilled when one of my favourite bloggers agreed to answer my questions on all things beauty, blogging and fashion related...


Blogging

What Inspired you to start your blog and/or YouTube Channel?
Friends were always asking me what mascara I used, or where I had my hair done etc, so I eventually decided that writing about the products I use would be beneficial, so Chic Beauty Blog was born.

What would you like to achieve from your blog/channel?
To be honest, all I want to achieve from it is that my readership will feel informed on what products are good and available to them, and that perhaps some of them discover new products / services they’d otherwise not known of.
It would be fantastic to make my blog / You Tube channel my full time job, but as long as I have bills to pay, I need to keep the office job.
      (Other than your own of course) what blogs/channels do you recommend?

My favourite blog is Holly’s blog which is Yummy Mummy Beauty Blog and I LOVE her you tube channel as well.. I don’t get that much time to read blogs these days what with juggling a job, 2 little boys, a house and my own blog, but Holly’s blog I always have time for J I have many favourites; there are plenty amazing bloggers around.
(*Holly has also featured in 'An Interview with...' here*)

If you could choose one celebrity to guest edit your blog for a day who would you choose and why?
I’d chose Holly Willoughby as I find her super pretty, I love her hair and her makeup, and I’d love to find out what her beauty and skin care secrets are. She is a working  mum as well and I want to know what make up she uses and how she stays looking so fabulous all the time ..

What advice would you give to anyone thinking about starting their own blog and/or channel?
First and foremost, be honest in your reviews and don’t feel bribed into doing a positive review, and also just be yourself. Don’t worry if you don’t have a writing style perfected, I think what is charming about blogs is that they’re all unique.

Makeup/Skincare/Haircare

 Which celebrity do you think has the best overall make-up/hair style?
I think someone who just never ever gets it wrong and always looks amazing is Jennifer Anniston, she has that glow, she looks 10 years younger than she is, her hair is lustrous and shiny and her figure is to die for. She plays it safe 99% of the time, but that is much like me, I feel it is safer to stick with what suits me.

What one item (cosmetic or otherwise!) could you not leave the house without?
Lipstick / gloss. You can be sure to always find at least 3 lipsticks or glosses in any of my handbags, I cannot stand the feeling of bare lips.

Do you ever go out without make-up on?
Yes I do quite often as it goes. I have to take my eldest boy to school every morning at 8.30, and often I don’t wear any makeup as I go straight to the gym after that, and it doesn’t bother me anymore.

What would you say is the best Highstreet/drugstore line for each of the following, and do you recommend any products within in each category:
            ♥ Make-up –  I rarely buy high street makeup, but if I could chose just the 1 brand I’d chose GOSH as they have everything and all of their makeup is nicely packaged and great quality and reasonably priced.
♥ HaircareI LOVE the Aussie hair brand and I use all their products and out of most hair care I’ve tried this range never fails to make my hair super shiny and smell delicious!
            ♥ SkincareI really like the Simple range or the Bots Botanics organic range of product, they are so cheap but so fab!

Any make-up/haircare/skincare tips?
I have found that an expensive price tag does not necessarily a good product make – so definitely shop around as there are some fab bargain skin care ranges to be found out there.

Style

How would you describe your style?
Hmm this is a bit difficult. I’d say I always dress smartly, chic maybe ;) I am always rather overdressed than underdressed for any occasion- love putting outfit together with all the matching shoes, bags, accessories.
Who's your biggest style influence/where do you draw inspiration from?
I don’t have a particular person I admire as such, I like people who always look well put together yet simply dressed,

Favourite place to shop?
 My fave shops are Zara, Topshop, New Look, Dune, Warehouse

Highstreet or designer?
High street all the way for me, I love shopping and I love buying lots of different items and that is easier to do with the high street shops.

Best fashion buy?
Have too many to mention, I am a complete shopaholic

What would you consider wardrobe essentials?
A few stables such as Skinny jeans in black and indigo, white and black fitted t.shirts, a few blazers, black and a lighter colour and good quality high heels J

               Fashion "do's and don'ts"?
Don’t wear clothes that are too big, they make you look bigger. DO match shoes and bag ;)


Thanks for the interview Stina :)
Make sure you keep watching for the next installment of An Interview with...




0 comments:

Post a Comment