Friday 5 October 2012

Review: ELF Eyelid Primer

I have tried to write the intro to this about 5 times. So, to cut to the chase, i'm just going to say it: ELF's eyelid primer is not a good product.
I don't particularly like writing 'negative' reviews, but its all in the name of research!

99.9% of ELF's products are great: good quality and amazing value for money, but, like most product ranges I suppose, there is the occasional one that can only be described as a big fat fail.


As an eyelid primer, this product is meant to prep the eyelid for smoother, longer lasting and crease-proof eyeshadow.

Sadly, I did not find the consistency of this product smooth at all, but more chalky (as is evident in the last photo), and it itself creased into my eyelid, never mind any eyeshadow on top!


Similarly to the Urban decay primer potions, this primer is available in different shades, along with the original sheer forumla.
I went for Pearl as I had imagined it might even be nice alone on the browbone or in the inner corner of my eye, but it's quite powdery and not as bright as I would have hoped.


The saving grace for this product is the price: only £1.50 for 5ml, so I don't feel too guilty if I end up throwing it away!

Have you tried these? Maybe you've got a different opinion to me and actually like them...?




0 comments:

Post a Comment