Monday 1 October 2012

Review/Rant: Boots Botanics Eye Makeup Remover

When it comes to this product, never has the saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' been more apt.

You might remember the review I did of the original Boots Botanics eye makeup remover, which I loved, therefore I can't tell you how disappointed I was when Boots - for some unknown reason - decided to revamp/reformulate their entire Botanics range.

Now, from what I've heard on the grapevine, some of the changes have been for the good - such as the microdermabrasion scrub - but the change in the eye makeup remover has been a big, fat fail!



The original formulation of the Botanics eyemakeup remover contained iceland moss, which has been completely removed and replaced (along with several other ingredients) with 'brightening' hibiscus to mildly exfoliate - who wants to exfoliate their eyes?!


The 'idea' behind this is the same - an oil based makeup remover that is made up of two parts, which need to be shaken up to activate - as is the general 'feel' (i.e. it can leave a bit of an oily residue, but it doesn't irritate at all and has no smell) and application, but in terms of effectiveness IT SUCKS.

I have to douse my cotton wool pad in this to feel like I am getting anywhere with it, and even then (after scrubbing at my eyes) I can still find mascara on my lashes.
It currently sells for £2.66 for £1.50 on the Boots website (and in store), but suffice to say I won't be repurchasing!
I am actually genuinely disappointed in Boots and this product - it's going to be back to the drawing board to find me a eye makeup remover!

Can you recommend any?




6 comments:

  1. This sucks a lot! I panicked when I heard they'd revamped this line as I wondered what would happen to this! So upsetting :( lmao why would you exfoliate your eyes??? Weirdos! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing that goes for the revamp is the packaging - it is a lot more pretty! So disppaointed with this one though! xxx

      Delete
  2. Just seen this and I think loads of people have said the same. It's a shame that they want to "fix" something that isn't broken. I highly recommend both the Bare minerals eye make-up remover (Obviously...lol!) and the Dior one (although that's a little pricey..) but it's got the same pH as tears so is really gentle but takes off waterproof eye make-up so easily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of something being the same pH as tears..although i'm actually thinking about making my own eye makeup remover and seeing how I go! :) xxx

      Delete
    2. Making your own would be cool! I'd be interested in seeing how that goes!! Blog post please :D

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I'm not happy about the revamp either. I used to use the whole bathing range as my routine for many years and now there's the new range - and I don't know whether I like it to be honest, will stick with it for a few more weeks and if my view doesn't change, I might find another brand to stick to...

    ReplyDelete